Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Is it possible to bypass an iPad that is locked with an

Customer Question

Is it possible to bypass an iPad that is locked with an iCloud account?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

There was some tricks to temporarily bypass the idevices which had iCloud lock. That was in old iOS version and may no longer work. But if the iPad you have latest iOS (iOS 9.1 or later), then No. It is not possible. Apple has patched all vulnerabilities and those old tricks will no longer work.

If you are the original owner of the iPad and if you have the bill of purchase, then you can call Apple and have them unlock it for you. Let me know if you need instructions for that.

FYI There are many fake websites out there that claim to unlock the iCloud locked devices, DO NOT buy their services as they are all SCAM

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you :)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there's no way for apple to even do this for me if I bought an iPad that was locked?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Yes, Apple can do this for you if you are the original owner and can verify some security questions. You know, the lock is not on your iPad itself, but on Apple's server. Apple has to release it from their side, so your iPad will be activated.

If you have any proof of purchase, then you can send to Apple and they will release the lock remotely. Do you need instructions to contact the Apple activation department directly ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

If you bought this iPad from someone which is locked, then you need to give them the proof of purchase, like the bill or invoice. If you don't have it, then they will not unlock it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
with the invoice from eBay they'd be able to help me?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

I'm not sure if they unlock it with that invoice because that is not right retail invoice. The activation lock is an anti theft lock. It is possible the person sold you a stolen iPad. So Apple may not validate that invoice.

You need to contact Apple directly about this. Only they can do this for you.

It will not help if you take it to the Apple Store or any mobile store. The lock is on Apple's server.