Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I was importing photos onto an iPad with the memory card

Customer Question

I was importing photos onto an iPad with the memory card attached. While selecting the photos to import I accidentally hit the upper right hand corner and it deleted those photos. Can I recover?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just happened today. Never did it before
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just checking to see that you are still there.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

It is indeed possible to recover deleted files from memory cards. The are many recovery applications out there that can recover deleted files. Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC computer ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Remove the memory card from the iPad and make sure you don't take any pictures on the card until you get all the deleted photos recovered. The more you use the card, the less the chance of recovering.

To recover deleted files, you need to use your computer. You will not be able to do this from your iPad. Plug in the memory card to your computer. If you don't have a memory card reader there, then you need to buy one. You can buy memory card reader from any local electronic stores. See here -->

After connecting the card to your computer, you need to download Memory Card Recovery applications to use them to recover photos. Following are some applications (try the version of recovery applications before buying them)

EaseUS Data Recovery -->

Card Recovery :

7 Data Recovery :

(Note : Make sure you check the Recently deleted folder of your iPad in Photos app and the photos are not there. If they are there, you can restore them without using these recovery applications)

If you have any questions or if you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you