Kevin T
Kevin T, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN

I am having trouble lately with my iPad which in turn

Customer Question

I am having trouble lately with my iPad which in turn affects my iPhone. Whenever I go to my iPad it keeps popping up that I need Apple ID verification but then won't let me go through the process to change my password.... It tells me it has emailed a new code to enter but that code nmber never comes through in the email. At odd times, it also pops up that I can't receive mail, but new mail always comes through (except for the above). The pop ups also appear on my iPhone. Some weeks ago, the system seemed to me to be getting slower, then the message pop ups started appearing, now it's getting noticeably slower and I have problems bringing stuff up and for the last week I've been getting some black sections on the screen that come and go. I've been able to use my iPad and my phone throughout this, but it's not working as it's supposed to, and I cannot purchase e-books, merchandise, etc. because if the ID problem. One other thing.... When I called the Apple Store, the automated system greeted me by calling me Owen (my name is Meredith). The iPad was originally purchased by my son-in-law, Owen, and given to me as a gift.
At this point, after trying to reset password ***** gazillion times, I have no idea what my password/ Apple ID is.. I DO know my email address. Does the Owen thing present a problem or can I try to work with you/Apple Store tech?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

Could you try and complete this form and tell me If this works? It wil lask you all the information you need and it will try to reset your password.

If that does not work, you can take it into the apple store and they will be able to assist.!&section=password

You will be able to insert the email you know