Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My phone at the moment is disabled. I thought I was smart

Customer Question

my phone at the moment is disabled. I thought I was smart and put my fingerprint to open my phone, not realising that if it was turned off or the battery ran down I would have to put in my password. it was so simple that I never wrote it. now I have forgotten it. I rang apple and they sent all the instructions to my husbands phone no is ********* and id no. ***********. the instructions all got wiped out, so hope to get it all sorted on here now. Thank you Susan **********
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there Susan and welcome

Can you tell me please exactly what the screen says now please?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Can you return here please to your question?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.