Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iPhone is blacking out and I just installed a new screen.

Customer Question

My iPhone is blacking out and I just installed a new screen. I have no idea what to do
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: This is the second time it happened.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I checked if all the cables were connected correctly and I tried switching the base of the phone.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

Please try to reset it. It may have a bad software OS loaded and we can just replace with a new copy.

Make sure you backup your data (contacts, documents, photos, ect...)

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least Ten seconds until the Apple logo appears. Release the Buttons.

If the problem persists pleaseTry a Restore :

1.Connect the device to Your computer and open iTunes.

2.If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane.

additional information : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

3.If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, try using the Steps in this article : https://support.apple.com/HT201263 to force the device into Recovery Mode.

Make sure you have the Latest Version of iTunes Installed on your computer : www.itunes.com/download

Once you have Recovered your iPhone Device Re-Sync your Content or Restore from the most Recent Backup :

Restore from Backup > http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

Let me know if you need further assistance

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I help the power and home button until the apple logo appeared. Then when it appeared it slowly started to go away. Now the screen is on but nothing is coming up on the screen.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Please try to restore it using itunes and let me know the results, remember to backup you data.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Has everything worked out please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

If you need further assistance please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Any results please?