Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I've used this program and it shows 25 pieces of mail on the

Customer Question

hi i've used this program for years and it shows 25 pieces of mail on the dock but when i click on the icon it doesn't do anything.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just noticed it this am
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: went to mail app in finder hard drive tried to open it from there
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: how much does this cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: i've got to take my wife somewhere can i do this is several hours?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Press Command, Option and Esc keys. This will bring Force Quit window. Select Mail and click Force Quit. Open Mail. Does it work now ?

If that didn't work, then turn your Mac off. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R keys at the same time for 5seconds, then release the keys and immediately hold down Shift key for 20 seconds. This will boot into Safe Mode. Does Mail work in Safe Mode ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i just gave my cc info
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Please follow the steps below to fix the problem.

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, How is it going ?