michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I am a computer professional with more that 7 years of experience with all major brands which includes apple as well.
26798893

I have an issue that my phone will type and open apps and

Customer Question

I have an issue that my phone will type and open apps and call people without me touching anything. I saw your thread to update and restore the phone, will I lose all my pictures and contacts if I do that?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Almost a week now
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing, I restart my phone 10-20 times a day
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  michelleclive replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your phone let me know the make and model.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Iphone 6

Backup your contacts, apps and photos on an external sd card and then we can perform a factory reset which will wipe off the phone and will become like a brand new phone.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I am very naive to technology, whats a SD card? Can I back my phone up to my mac?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Whats the underlying issue? I feel like there is something wrong with my touch screen...like it think someone is doing something that it is not OR its like someone is remoting into my phone. Do you know what is causing this and how restoring to factory setting will resolve it?

once the phone is backed up its data and then follow the factory reset then no one can remote connect after that.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I am very naive to technology, whats a SD card? Can I back my phone up to my mac??

sd Card is the memory card installed on your phone for data storage which can be taken out as well. Yes you can backup your phone after you connect it to your mac and backup entire data with Itunes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
just reset to factory settings
  1. First you should to go to Home screen.
  2. Next scroll to Settings.
  3. Tap General.
  4. Select Reset, and select option "Erase All Content and Settings".
  5. Then you will see information to confirm.
  6. If prompted, then enter your passcode.
  7. Confirm your choice and wait to finish operation.
  8. you are done

Second method:

1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
  2. Now choose your iPhone from the left menu in iTunes.
  3. Then click the Restore button in iTunes.
    * You can now do back up your files, just if you want.
  4. After that please confirm information about this procedure -> click Restore.
  5. Next you will see, that iTunes will download, prepare and restore the software on your iPhone.
  6. In the end choose "Set up as a new iPhone".
  7. Enter a name for your phone.
  8. Well done!

Third method:

1. You should to Plug your iPhone into your PC, or laptop.
  2. Power off your device.
  3. Then hold the Power button for about 3 seconds.
  4. Now press and hold Home button with Power button for about 10 seconds.
  5. After that release only Power button.
  6. Release Home button, when you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device inRecovery Mode.
  7. Confirm this, and wait until iTunes will restore your handset.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top of this page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've done this and my phone is still navigating on its own. You have still not identified why this is happening.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to avoid this happening to me any time in the future

do not install unnecessary apps and try to keep you phone clean from data which has been used and not required remove them try to clear the cache.

Is there anything else i may help you with?