David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

I rented a movie on my iPad and it didn't download. 24 hrs,

Customer Question

Hi Pearl - I rented a movie on my iPad and it didn't download .
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 24 hrs
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It shows on video but no download - the user forums suggest checking the download feature in iTunes - I don't have that anywhere
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't have access to a desktop - traveling in a car with children today please help ūüėĄ
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 5 months ago.

Hi welcome to Just Answer, my name is David. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 5 months ago.

On the Videos App, do you see a small icon of a cloud in the bottom right?

Tap that and to the right should be the same cloud icon but with a downward facing arrow. Tap that and you should see a progress indicator after a few seconds and after its finished the movies should play.

If it fails for any reason, please get back to me I will help you out with it.

Have a nice day!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
David there is no download icon on my video player where the movies reside.Thanks
Expert:  David replied 5 months ago.

Hi, do you see Films, Music Videos, Rentals?

On the picture frame of the movie itself is where you should see the cloud icon.

If that's not working as intended, open the iTunes Store app, scroll down to the bottom and tap more, then tap downloads. You should be able to resume any paused downloads there and when they are done try the Videos . Rentals tab again.

Let me know how this goes. thanks!