Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I was hacked. All my contacts are gone and I can no longer

Customer Question

I was hacked. All my contacts are gone and I can no longer send or receive e mail on my AOL safari. I changed the pasword this morning, consulted at the apple store and was told it was an AOL problem and they could not help me. What to do? Can you help with this problem?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: Also my mac is getting very hot and wonder if you know why or probably i should contact Mac and see what is wrong? Judy
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: YOu better suggest some ideas. I am not very computer savy.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Is there a way to get my contacts back?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi Judy,

What happens when you try to send an email out? Do you get a specific error message?