Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years

The screen om my imac does'nt wake up from sleep. Tryed to

Customer Question

Hello, the screen om my imac does'nt wake up from sleep. Tryed to start up and it just flashes, i can see the gray and then it goes black
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Ok, and then...
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know the iMac inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job.
Customer: Cool
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Connect on anaother mac with firewire and verify disk; all green, stop the imac and disconnect for 30secs, then restart. Restart while pressing on p, r, option and command
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I guess that is it thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please disconnect the power cable from the iMac then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Connect the power cable and tell me if it then starts correctly please.