Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.
93256567

I was interrupted while setting up my my new ipad and now

Customer Question

i was interrupted while setting up my my new ipad and now all I can get on screen is askingfor my passcode after restarting. what do I do now ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 5 months ago.

Good evening! If you're unaware of the passcode, you will need to "recover" the iPad and begin setup again.

1. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, and don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
    If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, you'll need to repeat these steps.
  4. After the Restore completes, set up your device.

...and you'll be all set!