Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years

Need to upgrade my safari browser mac computer, purchased in

Customer Question

need to upgrade my safari browser for my mac computer, purchased in 2008. Is there an easy application that I can purchase and download from the internet. And will it save all my addresses, passwords etc....once I complete. I am not computer literate, just the basics, and I want to download the latest and greatest with applications are becoming obsolete
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The upgrade will not effect your bookmarks and passwords ect.

You do update from the App Store by updating your OSX version on your Mac as it is part of this.

Click on the Apple icon in the upper left-hand corner of your desktop and then click on the "About This Mac" menu item: and the "About This Mac" dialog box will launch. Tell me what OSX version you have please