Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I created a document in Pages and it shows on my desktop,

Customer Question

I created a document in Pages and it shows on my desktop, but I can't open it. I have a macbook air
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?
Customer: OX Yosemite 10.10.5 early 2014
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just to hit open, it doesn't show up in my "recent" files on pages and it sons' show up in my iCloud although that's where I store my school information
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no....can you tell me the approximate costs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a backup?