Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Thank you.. I have two documents that are important... both

Customer Question

Hi Pearl... thank you.. I have two documents that are important... both unsaved... while working on doc two and going to save it, the colored spinning wheel appear and I can't save either
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: two minutes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just startedto look this up on a possible way to save .... without a forced quit of the program which I assume will cause doc loss
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: who is the mac expert? What is the charge for the service?
JA: We find the Mac Technician who is best qualified to answer your question and available soon. You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mac Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: well, I warn you of course I won't be happy with the result if these documents aren't saved, and I'm not sure that's possible, so it may be unfair to attempt
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: OSX 10.10
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 3 months ago.

Hi welcome to JustAnswer, my name is David. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 3 months ago.

Is the data that is unsaved something that you had just added to these documents, or have they never been saved even in an earlier draft?
Do you run any live backup systems for example Time Machine?
What software are the documents in? Some software might have cached versions, and that could be a way to get some or all of the data back if they have become corrupted.
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know if you are receiving my reply.. I will try here again...
I am working in WORD... these are two new documents.. listed as document 1 and document 2... never saved
I don't have my time machine running; I am away from my home base
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry; but while these are two important documents... it is NOT worth 69 dollars to save two one page documents... I would have been willing to pay 30 dollars IF there was an answer you could give me; if not, please refund my deposit. Thank you.
Expert:  David replied 3 months ago.

No problem. Unfortunately the nature of this question is you can't give a direct answer to it, and so it becomes a question of how valuable the time and money are toward the value of the data in the documents. You can contact JA customer service regarding the refund, have a nice day!