Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have purchased a second hand ipod. I have loaded 6500

Customer Question

I have purchased a second hand ipod. I have loaded 6500 songs and wish to play them randomly. There does does appear to be a random option. I wonder if it an old model in a new housing, it did state 7th edition housing but did NOT state what the components were.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: New purchase this week.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Cant find shuffle option in any of the menus. So it might not be a fault but a feature of this particular model.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

It should have random option. Which model of iPod is this ? Is it iPod Nano 7th Gen ?

identify iPod from here and let me know --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204217

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

If this is iPod Nano 7th Gen, then it is possible that the repeat function of your iPad nano has turned on and that is preventing the shuffle or random function. You need to change it back or turn it off. Play a song and this will bring the Now Playing screen. Tap the album art once to bring controls if they aren't appearing on screen. Look for the repeat symbol and touch it to turn off or change the Repeat function (You can swipe left or right between screens to display or hide the Repeat and Shuffle options). The repeat symbol looks like two arrows in a loop. Make sure there is no 1 on that arrow symbol. Also, turn on Shuffle function there.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you.