Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I dropped my Ipad and it doesn't want to open, 5 hours, I

Customer Question

I dropped my Ipad and it doesn't want to open
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 5 hours
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I put it on charge and tried to reset it but it doesn
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nothing else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Expert:  Kevin T replied 5 months ago.

Hi

Hold the power and home button at the same time for 10 seconds

Regards

K

On your iPad, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is not working, can I have the money back
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets discuss repair options, how long have you had your ipad? And whats the model of ipad you have ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have an Apple and I have it for 2 years
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Youre either going to have to pay someone to fix this, or replace it. That much is clea. For that reason, while the repair I am going to recommend sounds unorthodox, you can read in the comments section on this page where its worked many times before.

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/75132/Dropped+iPad+and+now+display+is+not+working+correctly.

What you want to do is find a table.. Now, with the screen facing up. Lift the ipad about 6 inches and drop it flat on its back.. let it smack the table. ( screen facing up!)

Then, hold the sleep wake and home buttons and try to reset it and see if it comes on.

Worst case scenario, use a little force and bang it on the table.. It needs to be flat and screen up. keep in mind, were not trying to break it further, but just jolt it out of its current state. Try that a few times.. You may actually get it working!

If not, then you will need to consider a repair service such as this.

https://www.icracked.com/repair3/device

Good luck, and let me know if the above trick works!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.