Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Thank you help. I have an I pad mini that I use 99% of the

Customer Question

Hello and thank you for your help. I have an I pad mini that I use 99% of the time to just read books. It is off during the day and, very occasionally will look at Facebook at bedtime but only for 2 or 3 minutes. I have turned off Celular Data and anything else I can think of that causes loss of cellular data. I keep running our of data about two weeks into my monthly cycle, I have 250. Any thoughts on this as I will be going on a three week driving trip and will use the device much more
Category: Mac
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for giving us the chance to help you. By "250" do you mean 250MB ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Ok, can you tell me, what type of usage, you want to do on that trip, like listening to online music, uploading pictures on facebook etc.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
primarely maps but that dosent tell me why my I pad is apparently continuesly using data when not being on or used. If you remotley go into my i pad is that an additional $39 or a total of $39. I've already been charged $26 and my understanding was that there was no charge until we compelted our problem

No, remote support is only for PC. Can you clarify your problem once more, do you want to know, why the data is consumed even if you turn off the data or do you want to know, how much data you will need on that trip ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My question, why am I using up data 250mg in two weeks with no usage of the Ipad other then to read books

See, data can be consumed by many things on a device, every app on the iPad need data to run properly. So, you may think that how data get consumed when you use FB for 2 to 3 mins, this is the reason for the data consumption and when you check FB, every word and picture you see on it is downloaded on your device. Now, if the data is off all the day and you only turn it on while checking your FB account then, the problem must be on the service provider side. Can you tell me, how do you check the data consumption, like by SMS alert or message from the provider etc. ?