John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

I just lost all of my gmail folders on my Mac. They are

Customer Question

I just lost all of my gmail folders on my Mac. They are still showing up on my ipad.
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know the iMac inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job.
Customer: OK
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went into Gmail on my browser and unchecked "show in imap" I'm nost sure what this would do, but it was one of the answers I found online
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 4 months ago.

First, if you unchecked any IMAP options on the gmail website, please go back and make sure they are re-enabled.

Next, it will probably be easiest to remove and then re-add your gmail account to your Mac's Mail app.

Open Mail

Click "Mail" in the menubar and choose "Preferences"

Choose the "Accounts" tab

Select the Account you wish to delete

In the lower left corner of the "Accounts" Preferences window, click the - sign.

Once the account has been removed, in the lower left corner of the "Accounts" Preferences window, click the + sign.

Choose your email service name (Google or gMail) and click Continue.

On the "Add a Mail Account" window, type your name in the top box, your complete email address in the middle box (full email address), and your email password ***** the last box.

Click "Create".

After a moment or two, the account should be configured and enabled.

If you receive errors when creating the account, double-check your email address and password. If issue remains, reply back for further troubleshooting.