Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I bought a iPad Pro...how do I get to split screen on it.

Customer Question

I bought a iPad Pro...how do I get to split screen on it. How do I find user manual to load onto my iPad pro
Category: Mac
Expert:  LLB36 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** thank you for coming to Just Answer. I see you want to know how to do split screening on your Ipad. First off I see you have an Ipad pro which is good as split screening only works on certain model to start please follow these instructions.

1.Swipe from the right edge of the screen. This will open an app in one-third of the screen.

2. Swipe downwards from the top on the right hand side (where the secondary app is open). This will reveal a list of apps.

3. Pick the app you want to run in Split View (such as Safari or Twitter).

4. Now pull the black bar towards the center of the iPad's screen. You can move the dividing bar to resize the apps.

Also keep in mind not all apps support this feature most do but not all. This should get you to the ipad manual it dosent say pro but they are pretty standard. http://help.apple.com/ipad/9/

Please let me know if you have any further questions

Expert:  LLB36 replied 5 months ago.

One other item you have to have ipad 9 or later OS for it to work

Expert:  LLB36 replied 5 months ago.

This page gives you a great picture illustration how it works as well. http://osxdaily.com/2015/12/04/use-split-view-multitasking-ipad/