Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a corporate event at my home and am I'm trying to

Customer Question

Hi! I have a corporate event at my home and am I'm trying to mirror my Macbook Pro to my Apple TV. I have video but no sound. I've tried selecting the apple tv from the sound in system preferences, but it says the selected device has no output controls. I've rebooted my macbook so the apple tv was on first and then selected the sound and then the mirroring … still no luck. I've force quit the coreaudiod from the activity monitor and still no luck. Now I'm willing to try just about anything!
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: good question. let me check. I am up a level from it on my iMac so it will take me just a second.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just what i mentioned previously
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what version of mac osx you have on your macbook, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, do you know what model or generation of apple tv you have?