Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years

I have imovie 11 and I am attempting to finalize my project

Customer Question

I have imovie 11 and I am attempting to finalize my project to export it. I am getting an error message which state there is an error in the "user parameter list." What do I do next?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I just finished the project and clicked on File and then "Finalize Project." I also tried to export without finalizing project and got the same error message.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing. I am not sure what to do next?
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

this is usually caused by a faulty clip in the film so you need to find which one it is.

The easiest way is to do the following

opened the problem project and hit select all and copied all the clips.

Then go back and start a new project. Paste your clips. (you will only have your video clips and not any audio.)

At this point just start from one end or the other and delete one clip at a time and try to export.

You should keep getting the error until suddenly it works.

At that point you know the clip you just deleted was the problem clip.

Go back to you original project, find the problem clip, remove it and replace it with the original

Then try to import

Let me know the results please