Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an iPhone 5 with the latest iOS. As of today, I'm

Customer Question

I have an iPhone 5 with the latest iOS. As of today, I'm unable to make a purchase from the iTunes store or App Store. I'm getting a message that my password ***** user ID is incorrect. Both are correct; I went online and and verified them. What can I do??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

On your iPhone. go to Settings > iTunes & App Store. You will see the Apple ID there. Tap it and tap Sign out. Then go to this website on your computer and reset the password ***** your Apple ID --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Use the"Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID.

If that didn't work, then reset again and this time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your account. After resetting the account, you will be able to download using it.

If resetting the password *****'t work, then that Apple has blocked your account. If Apple has noticed any issues with your card or payment information like report of fraudulent charges, refunds etc they will disable the App Store part of your Apple ID. You will still be able to sign in to your Apple ID, change payment details, password ***** but you will not be able to purchase or download or update your apps. Because they limit the App store part of the ID.

So all you have to do is call Apple directly and ask them to reactivate the account. Only they can access the database and enable the account for you.

To contact iTunes Support, goto this link --> https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Click Get Help under Talk to Us. Click iTunes & Apple Music. Click iTunes Store.

Click Account Management. Click Apple ID has been disabled alert or incorrect user id and password (topic doesn't matter)

Click Schedule a Call and they will call you. Then you will have to answer some security questions and they will enable the account within a few minutes.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask and I will continue to help you.

Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

You can also try resetting your iPhone before contacting Apple (after resetting the password ***** ID). Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will reset some settings like WiFi, App Store, home screen layout, bluetooth conection etc.

You will have to enter passcode and also reconnect to your WiFi after resetting all settings. So make sure you know your passcode of iPhone and also WiFi details etc before resetting. After that, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign in to your ID.

If that didn't work, then you have to contact Apple to reactivate the App Store ID of your account. Let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you; I will work on this and be back in touch.Lynda
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

You're welcome. Take your time and let me know if you face any difficulty. Good luck