Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have purchased a version of QuarkXpress.. 9.0, I

Customer Question

I have purchased a version of QuarkXpress.. 9.0
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I accidentally upgraded my computer to yosemite and now I can't install my new (to me) Quark program.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: That is my version of computer.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am running Yosemite.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Quark 9.0 isn't supported on Yosemite... but the upgrade version of Quark 9.5 (which is a free upgrade) does.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Why is it fully refundable if I have to pay to start with?
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Am I connected now?
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I just handled this issue the other day.. Quark 9 can run on yosemite, the issue is the installer tries to tell you that you dont have the right version of mac osx..

if youd like, I can connect to your mac from here.. And get 9.0 installed and working, so you can then use the 9.5 upgrade.

Would you like me to connect and repair this issue for you? Or, would you prefer to have me try and guide you through written support instead?

Thank you,

Dustin S