Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Spoke with the Apple store today and they advised that I

Customer Question

Spoke with the Apple store today and they advised that I contact support since thier wait time was over two hours. He also I will probably need a new phone and it could be sent within two day. Please advise
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Whats the exact version of Iphone you have? H ow long ago did you purchase it?

And what seems to be the issue with the phone, please describe it as best you can. Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was drop in water but removed quickly. It seems to have a mind of it own. Can't control volume. Very slow to respond to other commands. Saw person at Apple and they suggested I contact u since they had a long wait
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I use this phone for work as well.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

All right.. Do you know if its an Iphone 5, 5s, 6 ? Also, how long ago did you purchase it?

And after it was in water, did you try letting the phone sit in a covered bowl full of uncooked rice to try and absorb the moisture from it?

If so, lets try hard resetting the phone and see if that cures some of its ills.

To do so, hold down the sleep / wake button and the home button at the same time for 20 seconds.. The phone should turn off, and then back on.

Then, try to use it.. Can you control the volume now? is it still running slowly>?

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was tried by me as well as person at the Apple Store without positive tesults
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.

If you want to try and get the phone replaced, I still need to know the answer to this question that Ive asked a few times.

Do you know if its an Iphone 5, 5s, 6 ? Also, how long ago did you purchase it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , it's a IPhone 6 purchase last year I think. Did buy insurance for this
Phone
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

When you purchased the insurance.. Was it through your phone company, who you pay your bill to?

Or did you purchase an apple care plan from apple, for the phone>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone and insurance purchased thru Apple Store in Manhatten Village Apple Stote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got both the phone and insurance from the Manhatten Village Apple Store
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Excellent. First things first, apple most likely is going to replace the phone rather then repair it. So you want to make sure you make a complete back up of your contacts, photos, etc, using either itunes or icloud.. This link will show you how.

( even though the phone is acting funny, you can still make a backup) https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977

When you get the new phone, your going to restore that backup to the new phone, so that it loads all your current contacts, photos, etc.

Now, as far as requesting the replacement. Go to this link, https://getsupport.apple.com/

On that page click iphone, then click repair and physical damage, then click accidental damage, then click send in for repair, then click one of the three options to verify what phone you want to send in , and then follow the rest of the steps to arrange to send the phone in.

if you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will follow link but will I get to keep this phone until replacement arrives? I do need to assist in work.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

That depends on apple, I know usually they require you to send the phone in first.

It may be best if you call applecare, rather then try to submit the claim online. So after you click accidental damage in the steps I sent above, instead of clicking send in for repair.. You want to click have apple call you or one of the options where you can call them or actually speak to someone.

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 12 months ago.

Hello again.. Were you able to contact apple care and submit your warranty claim?

Did you still need assistance with this issue?

Dustin S.