tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.
62741268

My MacBook pro has been stuck on a loading grey screen a

Customer Question

Hi, my MacBook pro has been stuck on a loading grey screen for about a week now, ive tried everything!please help!
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: well I was updating it to the newest IOS but now it just wont load and ive had my MacBook for just about a year.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: shuting it down and starting it back up while holding command+control+p+R
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no that's about it, thank you!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 5 months ago.

okay, try this please.

Hold the power button down for 30 seconds, then wait one minute and press the power button to turn on and press and hold the command and R keys at the same time .

\When the disk utility screen appears, choose restore.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried that and it says there is nothing to restore?

okay, power off again. then press power and hold down the shift key while it is powering on.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's stuck loading again

okay, follow the steps in this link please>https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314