Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Yahoo email will not open with Safari, My Mac Book pro is

Customer Question

Yahoo email will not open with Safari
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: My Mac Book pro is brand new- probably 4 weeks.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Changing my password... getting lost and really frustrated with Yahoo tech non-support
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

What happens when you access Yahoo Mail on Safari ? Are you getting any errors ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't get into it. I'm told that either my password ***** ***** so I changed it, OR that my browser isn't compatible.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Do you have another browser ? Like Chrome or Firefox ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. This is a new Mac book Pro and I am learning it
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

First we can reset Safari and see if it works or not. Open Safari. Click on Safari menu at top left and select Clear History and Website Data. On the dropdown next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History.

Can you access Yahoo now ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. "The email and password ***** entered don't match@.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

This is not an issue with Safari. It is an issue with Yahoo. Can you reset the password ***** ?