Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

In text files rows of ------- keep appearing without

Customer Question

in text files rows of ------- keep appearing without touching the wireless keyboard.
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?
Customer: iMac. No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Stop restart keyboard, batteries out and in again restarted the IMac several times, Shut it down with keyboard swirched on/off replaced mouse (I use a USB mouse becasuse I didn't like wireless mouse. I have tried everything I can think of.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes. How much is this going to cost kme?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I ma in the UK. Can we still fix this?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Before I suggest any repairs, I need to know the version of mac osx you have installed, you can check as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.