Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.

BKUP-020.TD0 i try open this kind of file with mac.....but

Customer Question

BKUP-020.TD0 i try open this kind of file with mac.....but how?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: macbook air
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: You need to unzip the file from the zip file you down loaded from our secured download page.
1. Once unzipped - locate the file: BKUP-020.TD0. Put this file on your desktop so you can easily find it.
2. Put your USB drive into the TD11, make a backup to it, it will default to backup 001. Read your manual for instructions if needed.
3. Put the USB drive into your computer, find the root directory of the USB drive ( main window that opens when you click the usb drive icon)
4. Find and Roland folder, dbl click and find TD11 folder, dbl click that and find Backup folder.
5. Dbl click the Backup folder - you should see the backup file you just made ( 001)
6. Inside this Backup folder, click and drag the VEX APEX file: BKUP-020.TD0 into this backup folder.
7. Verify this file is in the folder and eject drive from your computer.
8. Put usb drive into TD11 - press Menu 3X, Press System, Scroll to USB Memory, press enter. 9. Press LOAD, Use dial to scroll to Backup 20 - this will be Apex.
10. Once you've selected Backup 20 - press Enter, Are you sure? Enter/ Exec, etc...
This will load Apex into your memory. kits 1-30 will be APEX, 31-50 will be Roland factory user kits (same).
JA: No. I'm the Mac Technician's Assistant. The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no that is what i tried to that file
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Good morning! There are no applications available that will help you open .TD0 (Teledisk) files natively on Mac. As a work-around, you can install Windows onto your computer either as a virtual machine (using a problem like Parallels or VMWare), or in a dual-boot environment using Boot Camp. Once you've gotten Windows installed, you can find an archive of Teledisk installers here; install whichever version you wish, and then use it to extract data from your .TD0 file!

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 3 months ago.

Hello again! It's been a bit since we chatted, so I wanted to check in and see if you had successfully worked around being able to open TD0 files on your Mac?

Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you!