Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

My son made a mess with my IPhone now I can't make it work.

Customer Question

I am Robert B Shaver and my son made a mess with my IPhone now I can't make it work.
Now I can't open as my password ***** my thumb don't work. Can you help me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- If that does not work, please try the following:

1. If possible, press & hold the Power button on the iPhone until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to power off.
  2. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
  3. Connect the iPhone to the computer with the USB Cable.
  4. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
    ; Note: The Home button is located right below the screen.
  6. Click Restore and continue/ confirm.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,