Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

I have been solicited constantly to buy a product called

Customer Question

I have been solicited constantly to buy a product called "MegaBackup". I can't tell if it is legit or a scam.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Good morning, Macolm .My name is***** give me just a moment to review your question. I will be back with you asap.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Megabackup has scam reviews and I would recommend that you contact your bank to dispute the charge. Also, here are the steps to remove any Megabackup popups on your computer:

Open up the Utilities folder as shown below

• Locate the Activity Monitor icon on the screen and double-click on it

• Under Activity Monitor, find the entry for MegaBackup, select it and click Quit Process

• A dialog should pop up, asking if you are sure you would like to quit the MegaBackup executable. Select theForce Quit option

• Click the Go button again, but this time select Applications on the list. Find the MegaBackup entry on the interface, right-click on it and select Move to Trash. If user password ***** ***** enter it

• Now go to Apple Menu and pick the System Preferences option

• Select Accounts and click the Login Items button. Mac OS will come up with the list of the items that launch when the box is started up. Locate Mega Backup there and click on the "-" button

Prevent browser issues caused by MegaBackup

Settings for the web browser that got hit by MegaBackup and affiliated adware should be restored to their default values. The overview of steps for this procedure is as follows:

1. Reset Safari

• Open the browser and go to Safari menu. Select Reset Safari in the drop-down list

• Make sure all the boxes are ticked on the interface and hit Reset

2. Reset Google Chrome

• Open Chrome and click the Customize and Control Google Chrome menu icon

• Select Options for a new window to appear

• Select Under the Hood tab, then click Reset to defaults button

3. Reset Mozilla Firefox

• Open Firefox and select HelpTroubleshooting Information

• On the page that opened, click the Reset Firefox button

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.