Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Macbook Retinal, Can/t quit word, force quit, rebooting Word

Customer Question

Macbook Retinal
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Can/t quit word
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: force quit, rebooting Word opens on boot and can't quit Does not show in force quit list
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: go
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

OK restart and hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo. This will activate Safe boot and it will check the drive for errors among other things. It may take longer to boot and you may see a progress bar during part of the process. If it starts up OK… login then restart the normal way from the Apple Menu. Let me know after.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No response
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Please give me more information what happened exactly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I rebooted holding shift key. normal desktop appeared word open again cannot quit nor forcequit. although this time it appeared in forcequit dropdown, it did still did not quit when selected.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Did you have to login or did it just go top Desktop?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
login
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Ok I really need to remote connect to fix this.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ill have to come back another time its after midnight here and my beauty sleep calls
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

OK let me know tomorrow I can fix it.