Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I accidentally put my downloads icon from the dock on my

Customer Question

hi, i accidentally put my downloads icon from the dock on my macbook pro into the trash, how do i get it back?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 2011, os x
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: typing in help to google
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please open Finder, then click and hold on the item Downloads, then drag it to where you want on the Dock, then release.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Solution #2:

- Open Trash icon, then click and drag the Downloads item to where you want on the Dock, then release.

Solution #3:

- Open Finder (which is the smiley face icon on the Dock)

, then click on the Mac hard disk drive device on the left

, then open folder Users

, then open your account folder name

, then click and hold on the Downloads folder, and drag it to where you want on the Dock, then release.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How is it going? Do you still need help with this issue?