Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

When I try printing my printer stops and says cannot convert

Customer Question

When I try printing my printer stops and says cannot convert postscript file
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just started
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have only tried updates to the computer I have a Mac
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: OSX EL capitan
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To start with, whats the full name brand and model of your printer?

Also, did this printer work with your mac since you installed El Capitan, or did it used to work with your mac?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 It worked before but then it did not work even before I install the updates
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you have an answer to my problem?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

I sent a reply to this question yesterday, It doesnt seem that it went through.

To start with, if you are getting that error are you printing PDF files? If so, are you using preview, or ado be acrobat or some other program when you print them?

Im assuming that if you try to print a word document or picture that it will print properly?