Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation

My account has been submitted to account recovery and it

Customer Question

My account has been submitted to account recovery and it states it will take a few days to recover my account. How will I know when my account is recovered for my use?
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: I contacted support yesterday june 18 but the support tech couldn't help me to use a new password. I then went through the process, on line, and ended up at a screen saying something like "your apple account is in recovery. it will take a few days". I am wondering if apple will notify me when my account is recovered?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have tried to get into my account from the sign in page which then tells me incorrect password ***** which in turn leads me to the page recover password ***** sends my phone a code number. i enter code get taken to a page to reset password. i enter new password ***** click submit but nothing happens. i'm pretty confused at this point
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: this all stated when i called yesterday to report a charge on my iTunes that was not authorized by me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 4 months ago.

hi Welcome to JustAnswer. Give me a moment . I am looking into your request.

If you are being asked to complete the Account Recovery Form, then you normally get a response within 24 hours or so telling you whether your application was successful or not. Sometimes they may ask for more specific information.

If you don't get a reply after, say, 48 hours, try another submission, but it's always a good idea to wait for acknowledgement before submitting another, better ARF. Don't just submit the same one over and over - keep trying to improve your answers and remember that best guesses will sometimes be enough even if you don't have accurate dates....

Apologies for delay. Due to some technical issue I couldn't send you this message on time