Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

On my iMac at a certain I can't open "Mail". Prior when

Customer Question

On my iMac at a certain I can't open "Mail". Prior when trying to shut down it said:"Close Mail first" or something like this, Hans
JA: Fortunately, the wizards we work with know the iMac inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job.
Customer: Ok lets hear THANK YOU
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NONE HOW DO I DO THIS ?
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: CONNECT PLEASE
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

It sounds like your Mail application is frozen. Press Command, Option, Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit. Select Mail and click Force Quit. Then try to open Mail or shutdown your Mac.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting