Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am trying to sign into google. I no longer have the phone

Customer Question

I am trying to sign into google. I no longer have the phone or remember the phone number i set up. I bought a new phone that was expensive and without access to my google the phone is obsolete. Please can you help. Ive tried everything
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: More than a month
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have followed all suggestions, verification didn't work, following the reset password ***** work
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: over a year ago
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope, if they can help i am not losing out of my $
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing

Google accounts uses RECOVERY accounts (or other verifiable medium, like a phone) that were setup by the GOOGLE account holder when they were logged in to their Google account.

If you setup a phone number as YOUR ONLY RECOVERY option for your Google account, then you might be out of luck.

But you can have MORE than one recovery account options. Such as ANOTHER email address account. Or using Security Questinos and Answrrs (Usually 3 questions).

So, what options are presented when you click on the FORGOT password *****?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
To put in the email associated with acct. When I put my girlfriends email to recover it isn't working. I can't get into my email and for them to send a text I don't have that phone anylinger

Okay, so is it possible that you forgot or dont remember the email account you used for the recovery option for email?

The recovery option for emai was not setup, and no matter what email account you enter, it will not work.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I know it can be difficult to remember account settings on an email account you setup a long time ago.

Especially if it is an account that you have setup to automatically login, and you rarely even visited the account settings.

This is a perfect storm for losing access to an account, even highly important accounts.

If this was an account that resided on a PRIVATE server, it would be an easier task. By contacting the Email Server Administrator.

But because you are using a FREE Google account. They will NOT give you personal service.

Althoguh you can write to them, (on a seperate email account) and explain your situation.

But you MUST have SOME KIND of indetifying information that links you as the OWNER or CREATOR of the account.

The only way to help you further, is to actually connect to your computer, and attempt to reset your password, to verify that your options and recovery accounts are not an option, and you MUST resort to the LONG and arduous process of making contact with google account security, and following their procedures.

To help you further we would have to do a remote connection.

Please let me know when you are ready.