Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

When I try to run Norton, it does not respond to my MacPro

Customer Question

When I try to run Norton, it does not respond to my MacPro running 10.11.5. Can you help?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I think just today.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well, I have restarted the computer several times. But, when I go to run Norton I get the spinning wheel of death. When I click on Force Quit I can see that Norton is "not responding" so I can't go any further.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is a Mac Pro and I am running 10.11.5
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think I have told you everything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 4 months ago.

Hi, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

It seems you have access to your computer, but not your Norton.

Did you pay for this antivirus? Or was it a free download? This will determine how to get it working properly for you and our

next steps.