Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How do I make my secondary iCloud account my primary account

Customer Question

How do I make my secondary iCloud account my primary account and then delete other iCloud account for good? David
JA: Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with know their way around the iCloud, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best person for the job. What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: logging in and out with both accounts but to no avail!
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 5 months ago.

Hi, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

First, do you have access to both accounts?

Sign out of both your primary and secondary account, then go to System Preferences>iCloud and sign in with the secondary account ID.

This makes the secondary, your primary.

Before you delete the primary, ensure you back up all data on the primary.

This is for deletion:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/07/19/how-to-safely-delete-or-change-an-icloud-account-from-your-mac-or-ios-device/

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

~Franklin

(also, if you are on a windows pc, the 'system preferences' is called Control Panel)