Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I recorded a video in photo booth & didn't turn on the mic.

Customer Question

I recorded a video in photo booth & didn't turn on the mic. Is there anyway to save the audio on the recorded video file???
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just recorded it yesterday, i know now to record videos you need to turn the internal mic on, not line in
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i downloaded another video playing program vlc, and it doesn't have audio on the video file either
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You can import the video to iMovie application and then add or record the audio using iMovie and place it on the video. Once you did that, you can export or share the project to final video.

Open iMovie from Applications folder. Click on File > Import. Import the video you recorded using Photobooth. Then record the audio and export it.

Refer this article -->

See this tutorial video -->

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That helps if I want to record the audio into the video. But isn't here a way to save the audio recorded on the video some how?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

If you didn't turn on Mic, then that means the audio isn't saved at all. It is just the video that is recorded and you will have to re-record the audio.

Can you try playing the video with this VLC Player and see if it has the audio ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did it doesn't have the auido. So its a bust. Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about that. It is supposed to record the audio along with the audio by default.

If you have any questions or if you need help with anything, please let me know. If you are satisfied with the service I provided, please rate me as OK Service or higher.

If you are not satisfied with the service I provided, you don't have to rate anything.

Best Regards,

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You should also set correct input device on Apple > System Preferences > Sound. So it won't happen again.

Also run Disk Utility and repair the disk with it. Let me know if you need with help that.