Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Why do I need to activate my iphone I did not make any

Customer Question

why do I need to activate my iphone I did not make any changes I put in what vi thought was ID I am 80 y7rs old and this is my only phone, I am alone at home and needphone
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

They do this for security Pat,

What exactly do you see on the screen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

it says I must activate my phone because I tried to activate find my phone, I did not

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, enter in your Apple ID and Password ***** tell me what happens please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

it says incorrect why can't you cALL ME WITH INFO I am 80yrs old

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.