Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Mail icon on desktop does not open : Few days : None : No

Customer Question

Mail icon on desktop does not open
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Few days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
also it is running slow
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i plug and plug the cord and mail it is opening but computer run slow
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello dustin are you there
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry can not wait
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Understood, and apologies for the delay.

So after you unplugged the machine and plugged it back in, mail would open, correct?

In that case.. Lets try this repair next

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the upper right hand corner click first aid, then start first aid.

Once it completes. Do this next

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Then, when the mac starts let me know if its running any better. Or if its still running slow.

Dustin S.