Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I have an iphone 6s. I just tried to send a text message but

Customer Question

I have an iphone 6s. I just tried to send a long text message but only the first paragraph was delivered. On my phone, the blue bubble of the sent message it ends with a > sign as if to say "there's more". When I swipe to the left, the actual long message is still there but there aren't any options to resend, etc... How do I make sure the rest of the message goes through? Thanks!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

Do you have AT&T/Tmobile etc as your carrier?

Did you get a 'message not delivered' status/feedback message? Or is it showing sent in the

first bubble you have on your screen?

~Franklin

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have Verizon. The first 8 lines of my message inside the blue bubble end with very ol....> (I was typing "very old"). I thi nk I remember reading that it was delivered (just the 8 lines). At first I thought it only showed those 8 lines in the blue bubble in the interest of brevity because when I swipe to the left, the remainder of the message is still there in white. Now it doesn't read "delivered" but a time shows as in when the 8 lines were delivered.Does this make sense?

Great, what you can do to test this is to pick the first message you sent that you can see (the one with the swipe showing the rest of

the message) and forward it to your own phone number. Can you tell me if the 'whole' message shows up when you forward it to

yourself?

This is actually common for long texts that will be sent as SMS messages.

Usually when one sends an SMS that exceeds the 160 character limit of a standard SMS, the message is split, sent, and delivered as multiple SMS messages, often out of order....

Lets test this, okay?

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, but how do I send it to myself? There aren't any options when I swipe left. I have to tap the 8 lined message in the blue bubble to get the entire message to show up. I might have mistyped that I have to swipe left if that's what I typed bc the only thing that shows is a time when I do that.

You will not swipe left. You will touch the first message and it should give you the option to fwd.

1. Open the “Messaging” app, then open the message thread you wish to forward.
  2. Tap and hold the message bubble for about two seconds. ...
  3. Choose any other messages you would like to forward by checking the circle next to them. ...
  4. Type a contact name or phone number in the “To:” field

You will type in your own phone number for your contact.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I know what you mean about long texts being broken up into smaller chunks bc that's what usually happens.......OK, I just did what you told me but the same thing just happened, however, when I tap it, I can read the message in it's entirety. The person I sent the message to can't seem to do that, though.

I would need to know their make/model of phone and server/carrier to understand why they cannot see it.

Your phone is not the one that seems to have issues. If you forwarded it, and you can read it in its entirety,

it is the other persons phone that needs reviewed.

Can you message them and get this info?

Also, send this to another friend if you can? and ask them if they could read the entire message?

~Franklin

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, I just text her....

Okay, i will wait. Let me know when you get the info.

Thank you.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, but what if she doesn't respond for awhile. Don't you have to answer other people's questions?

Yes, of course. But, once we pick up issues, we are dedicated to stay with you and resolve it if possible.

While you wait, i suggest sending that exact message or one over 160 characters to another person and

see if they can read the entire message. Make it long so it has to 'break up' to test your results.

If there is something wrong with hers, it may be another issue we have to resolve all together.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I'm trying to think of someone who I wouldn't mind reading it! I was thinking of my mom but she has verizon also.

That is actually perfect. You can always send ' test ' message well over 160 characters.

Doesnt matter what you say. Just needs to be long.

If her phone receives it, we need to troubleshoot the other phone.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wow, I just found this page again. I was typing a message to you and must've pressed the wrong key by accident because the screen went away.....I still haven't heard back from her.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my friends are all at work and don't check their cellphones

That is perfectly fine. We can pick up hours or a couple days from now if you would like.

There is no hurry on my end. Just keep me posted.

~Franklin