Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a desktop Mac with a wireless mouse pad. : The aura

Customer Question

I have a desktop Mac with a wireless mouse pad.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: The aura or will not open my search results
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Restarting the computer
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

First, I need to know what version of mac osx you have, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, when you say the aura or will not open my search results.. Please describe the issue in full detail, as I dont understand what the issue as at this point.

Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Mac OSX
Version 10.6.8
The cursor will not open links when using yahoo or google
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Thank you!

Would you like me to connect to your mac from here and fix the issues directly, on screen?

Or would you prefer to have me guide you through written support?

Also, I need to know what browser you are using when you have this issue. Firefox, Chrome, or Safari?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Safari
No just walk me through it please
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Ok, lets start with this repair

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Then, when it says permissions repair complete.. Do this next

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/reset-apple-safari-how-to,news-18820.html

Once complete, restart your mac and test.. Can you click links and pages normally now on safari?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It allows me to select the disk utility but it will not allow me to open with the cursor
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Ahhh.. so its not just the browser having issues.

Lets try this.

Shut down your mac, then hold down the left shift key and keep holding it while you press power.

This should start the mac in safe mode. Then, try these steps again

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I entered disk utility in the magnifier and hit entered
Nothing happens, the words are highlighted in blue but nothing changes
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Did you restart y our mac holding down the shift key?

If so.. Then try this, try to access disk utility through the applications / utilities folder

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-fix-system-errors-with-mac-os-x-snow-leopar.html

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The CURSOR will not allow me to open any folders
I can open the applications and highlight the utilities folder, but the CURAOR WILL MOT OPEN THE FOLDER OR FILE
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

If you highlight the utilities folder.. Hit the enter key on your keyboard.

enter should open the folder. ( and it can open or run applications to)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Complete
No repairs needed
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

All right, considering that you may have to use your keyboard in order to select the menu items.. Please do the following

1. Click on the 'Safari' heading at the top left of the computer screen.

2. Select 'Reset Safari.'

3. Click 'Reset' in the confirmation pop-up window **after you select every single box showing in the reset menu**

Then, close safari and open it.. Can you click links now?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Were you able to complete the reset?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can acces a search page but once I get to the page I can't open the results
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can access an open emails. With the cursor but nothing on the web
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Ok..

Do you have a browser besides safari, for instance do you have firefox or google chrome?

Also, It might be best if I connect to your mac and work on the issue directly.. Lets keep that option in mind just in case.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Just safari
I can access you tube and navigate
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Why was I charged another $25
You have not fixed anything
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Its entirely possible you have a virus on your mac.. ( if you did indeed complete the full reset of safari as earlier mentioned )

In that case, we need to download and install this program on your mac. Considering you cant click links.. You may have to download it to another mac and then save it to a flash drive and download it.

As far as charges, The total question value was 30$.. After enough time passes the full amount is usually pre authorized to ensure that payment is possible. Considering ive been working diligently with you for over an hour, it makes sense.

if you want to stop now and do not want to continue, I can send you the refund link.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we are not getting anywhere with this
I should not have to pay if you didn't provide the service
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Im providing service to you now, with each response and usage of my time and expertise.

But it sounds like you want a refund, so I will send the refund link and end the session.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want my computer fixed not a conversation... It appears you are not able to provide that service .
Is that correct???