GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Problems with IOX Captain, need help. Download of Iphoto

Customer Question

problems with IOX Captain, need help. Download of Iphoto refused, printing of only half page.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to help you resolve this. The most likely cause of this is a printer that is not fully compatible with OSX El Capitan. Can you tell me what type of printer you have please, brand and model number so I can verify?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HP JET PRO MFP M127fw
thank you
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

This printer should be compatible with OSX 10.11 (El Capitan). You may just need to download the latest drivers. I recommend that you un- install the current printer driver and software on your computer, and then download the latest version here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-LaserJet-Pro-100-Multifunction-Printer-series/5396666/model/5303419

Install this new version and then do a test print.

There are actually 2 other updates for this printer and El Capitan, for the scanning feature. To get to those updates, please click here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-Pro-100-Multifunction-Printer-series/5396666/model/5303419/drivers.

Please scroll down the page until you see them.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to do it myself. It is the first trial without payment with your organisation
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Ok. Please give it a shot using these instructions and let me know if you need any help.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have to continue tomorrow I have to leave, please give me the opportunity to try it myself and to come back to you. Let me your direct address please.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry. I can't provide an email address. We are not allowed to exchange personal information in the chat box as it woudl be visible to all users of the site. The best thing to do is to press CTRL-D to bookmark this page so you can return to it tomorrow, Also if you check your email there should be emails from JustAnswer.com with a link to your question in the email. I'll be watching for your response tomorrow. Have a good day!