Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.

I am new and want to get on skype free what do I have to do?

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Nothing, I was told it is free but when I started to download I was asked for a credit card?
JA: The Mac Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: So the app is not free
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: You fidnt answer my question? The app says free yet they want a credit card?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hello! You can use Skype without a credit card...calls to other Skype users are always free. Skype does offer certain paid services which would require a credit card -- calling "real" phone numbers or creating a phone number which is tied to your Skype account are examples -- but these are optional services.

Also, be sure you're downloading the official Skype client from this website:

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.