Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I had a Mac Air that died. I bought a new one; however, I

Customer Question

I had a Mac Air that died. I bought a new one; however, I was not permitted to use***@******.*** as my apple ID because "it was in use". Well 0f course it was in use until my mac was no longer functioning. Please get mt ID working on my new Mac Air.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

It seems like you are trying to create the ID again using the same email address. That won't work. So what you want to do is, instead of crating new using the "*****@******.***", just sign in to it on your Mac.

If you don't remember the password, then follow the steps below to reset the password;

You can reset it from here (go to this website from your computer) -->

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the email inbox. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If that didn't work, then go to this site again -->

This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your password.

After resetting the password, on your Mac, go to Apple > System Preferences > iCloud. If you see your new ID there, click Sign Out. Then sign in to your original ID with the new password ***** reset above.

Then open App Store and iTunes app, then click on Store menu and select Sign Out. Then sign in to original ID.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you