Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My Apple Mac Book Pro, has a CD disk stuck in it and I can't

Customer Question

My Apple Mac Book Pro, has a CD disk stuck in it and I can't get it out.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

There are some methods to force eject the disc. Please remember, these steps will not work if the mechanical part of the drive is stuck or failed.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down the LEFT mouse/trackpad button before the chime sound/grey screen appears. Keep it held down until the disk comes out. It would like take only up to 20 seconds to eject the disc.

Restart your mac and immediately hold down the "eject" key on your keyboard for 20 seconds or until the disc comes out.

These methods will eject the disc unless the disc is jammed in there. Let me know if you are unable to eject it, so we can try a different method to eject it.

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi!

If you turn the Macbook on a slant where the CD/DVD drive is facing the ground and LIGHTLY shake it, the CD should fall out. If that does not work, try this: Tilt your MacBook sideways. So CD/DVD drive might angled down at a slant while pressing your finger up against the bottom of your Mac and into the drive. It should push the CD out.

If neither of those steps work for you, please reply back so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?