Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My Entourage program died. I was able to retrieve my address

Customer Question

My Entourage program died. I was able to retrieve my address book as an .rge file, whatever that is. I need to 1-download the latest version of Entourage so that I can import my address book, or 2-maybe start with the new version of Outlook and import my address book to that. I am on Mac, latest operating version.
Category: Mac
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** you tell me which version of Entourage program do you have used ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot because it is gone.

OK, do you have installed Outlook ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. I am confused about how much software I need to buy. Do I gotta purchase the entire Office 2016 or whatever?

First of all you cannot directly import the rge file to 2016, you will need 2011 first, then after you import the file to Outlook 2011, you can import the contacts from2011 to 2016. Now, tell me if you have any version of Office installed in your computer or not ?