Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I need to transfer (sync) my contacts from my iPad air to my

Customer Question

hi, i need to transfer (sync) my contacts from my iPad air to my ip hone 6
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: i don't want to loose data on either
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i'm well
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: ty
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

You can use iCloud to sync data between them. On your iPhone, go to Settings tap iCloud. Sign in to your iCloud account if you have not already done. If you are already signed in, then make sure "Contacts" option is enabled. If asked to Merge contents, tap Merge.

Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud and do the same. This will sync both devices via iCloud.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok waiting for the answer
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

You can use iCloud to sync data between them. On your iPad, go to Settings tap iCloud. Sign in to your iCloud account if you have not already done. If you are already signed in, then make sure "Contacts" option is enabled. If asked to Merge contents, tap Merge.

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

It seems like the payment for remote/phone support has failed, so I will continue to help you here.

On both device, open Settings app. Tap iCloud. In there, make sure both devices are using same Apple ID/iCloud ID. Sign in to same ID if not done already.

Also make sure "Contacts" option is turned on in there. If asked to merge or erase, tap Merge.

Let it sync. It may take a few minutes or a while to sync them. Also make sure both devices are connected to WiFi network.