Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.
93256567

ITunes library does not appear in iMovie 9

Customer Question

iTunes library does not appear in iMovie 9
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi Lyle! This problem can often be fixed by consolidating your iTunes media and reorganizing your library. To do this:

• Open iTunes
  • From the iTunes menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose File > Library > Organize Library and select "Consolidate files." Then click OK.

Then, on the Advanced tab:

• Select "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" to put your files into folders based on artist and album, and to name your files based on the disc number, track number, and song title.
  • Select "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" to store all of your media files in the iTunes Media folder. With all of your files in one folder, you can easily transfer or back up your media. If you import media into iTunes from a CD, it's automatically added to your iTunes Media folder. If you add media to iTunes another way, such as choosing "Add to library" from the File menu or by dragging an MP3 file into iTunes, it might not be added to your iTunes Media folder.

After completing the above steps, give your Macbook a few minutes to consolidate files, and then check back in iMovie to see if your iTunes library is now available. Please let me know!

Hi again Lyle! Did you have any luck after following the steps I posted previously?

I hope to hear from you!